2022 Turkey Trot presented by Gesa Credit Union
Join us on November 21, 2022
2022 American Red Cross Turkey Trot presented by Gesa Credit Union
Thursday, November 24, 2022 | Columbia Park (Kennewick)
Races start at 9:00 a.m.
Online registration for Turkey Trot is now CLOSED.
We are excited to have over 1,400 trotters this year!
7:30 a.m. – Free hot coffee courtesy of CG Public House and Catering and hot cocoa available at the on-site Red Cross vehicle while supplies last.
7:45 a.m. - Registration and Packet Pick-Up open.
8:00 a.m. - Opening ceremonies at the band shell stage including a welcome by presenting sponsor Gesa Credit Union, singing of the National Anthem by Richland High School Alumnus, Ciara Green, and pre-race warm up led by Leo Barillas, owner and head coach at NSX CrossFit.
9:00 a.m. – Races start. Start and Finish lines are the same for the 1Mile and 5K.
Parking is available in the event parking lot as well as along Columbia Park Trail at Edison (street parking). Please do not park in/block parking for the golf course. If you park in the event lot, you will not be able to exit until all participants have passed the area (estimated at 9:45 a.m.).
Parking for people with disabilities is available in the parking lot adjacent to the band shell stage.
7:00 a.m. – Roads will be closed at N. Fruitland St & Columbia Park Trail and N. Hartford St. & Columbia Park Trail.
Please note the only exit from the park will be to SR240 OR to the East. No exit to the West until the event is over.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where and when can I "Trot"? We are so excited to be back in-person this year! If you are in the Tri Cities, join as at Columbia Park in Kennewick on Thanksgiving morning (Thursday, November 24th). Race start is 9:00 a.m., but festivities kick off at 7:30 a.m. If you are celebrating with us from another location, feel free to trot your own course during Thanksgiving week and post a #RedCrossTurkeyTrot2022 picture.
- What's the registration deadline? Online registrations closed on November 15th. A limited number of Basic Trotter registrations ($10 which provides a race bib) will be accepted at the event starting at 7:45 a.m. A race bib is not required to participate in the event.
- Do you still have t-shirts available? We have a very limited number of 2022 t-shirts which will be available for sale for $20 at registration/packet pick-up at the event starting at 7:45 a.m. A limited number of previous year's shirts will also be available for $10.
- I missed packet pick-up! How do I get my stuff? Packets will be available for pick-up starting at 7:45 a.m. on the morning of the event.
- Is this a timed/competitive race? No, the Turkey Trot is a fun family event that raises critical funds for our local Red Cross. For safety, we will organize participants at the start line by race length (1 mile or 5K course) and according to their estimated speed (i.e. 5-6 minute milers at the front, walkers/families with strollers near the back).
- Can I bring my dog to the event? Dogs are allowed at Columbia Park during this event, but must remain on a leash and in your control at all times. Please note that we expect 2,000 people in the park and your pet is likely safer, and happier, at home far away from excessive crowds and unfamiliar sights/sounds. Event staff reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the event if they feel that a dog is posing a hazard to other participants.
- Is it ok for a child to be on a scooter for the race? Our main concern is to keep everyone at the event safe. Our preference is for everyone to walk or run the event, but children may be on scooters as long as they remain next to a parent/guardian at all times (children may not scooter ahead). We ask that groups that include a child on a scooter line up toward the back of the crowd with groups/families with strollers and individuals with dogs.
- When should I receive my race bib (basic Trotter) or packet (Global Trotters)? Basic Trotters bibs were mailed via USPS on 11/17. Global Trotter packets were mailed via UPS during the week of 11/14. Please contact us at NWevents@redcross.org if you have not received your event materials.
- What if I am unable to register online? Online registrations are closed. Basic Trotter registrations ($10) will be accepted at the event.
- Don't see your question here? Email us at NWevents@redcross.org and a representative will assist you.
All proceeds from the 2022 Turkey Trot support the Red Cross Home Fire Campaign. Whether a single home has burned or an entire town has been decimated, disaster survivors know they can turn to the Red Cross for care and comfort. A special thank you to Gesa Credit Union for returning as the presenting sponsor and to all of our sponsor partners for supporting the work of the Red Cross.
Last week, Hanford Mission Integration Solutions (HMIS) announced the Turkey Trot Fundraising Challenge to help raise even more funds for home fire relief. They donated $1,000 to the event and challenged other Hanford contractors to match their donation or make one of their own.
THANK YOU to those who accepted the challenge, helping to raise $5,250 in just two days: Hanford Mission Integration Solutions (HMIS); Bechtel (who is also a Silver level sponsor for the 2022 Turkey Trot); Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo); HPM Corporation (HPMC); Hanford Laboratory Management and Integration (HLMI); and Washington River Protection Solutions (WRPS).
Add your name to this list for next year! Contact NWevents@redcross.org to learn more about becoming a 2023 Turkey Trot sponsor and the associated benefits.